Friday, November 4, 2011

My First Post

So... it's about that time. I created this blog WEEKS ago but have yet to create my first post. It's a little nerve wracking deciding to put your life out in cyber space since there is absolutely, positively NO WAY TO TAKE IT DOWN (yikes!), yet there is also this sense of relief. So here it goes!


I have, rather recently, become a huge fan of reading blogs and I think it is such a great way to be able to look back and remember all the things that happen in life (especially when my memory isn't that great for some reason) and a great way to find some new ideas (recipes, decorating ideas, things to try, etc.). I also enjoy reading about how life is different in other places (and how much more exciting some peoples lives are than mine).


I thought now would be the perfect time to start blogging with so many exciting changes happening in my life... getting married in May being the main one. I also (last year) graduated with my Master's Degree in Student Affairs and started my first "real life" job. 
Question #1 ALWAYS: No. I am not a professor (although I have taught one college class before). I work in Student Life at the local community college. I am in charge of planning the large campus events, advise the programming board, work with orientation, and other random things (other SA professionals will know what I mean by "random"). There is always something random going on around here. But, that is what I love about my job - most of the time. 


So to celebrate that it's Friday... I give you my first blog post :) 

2 comments:

  1. Cute blog & New follower!! Over from Kelly's Korner!
    Welcome to the blogging world!

    http://arielle-ellesentries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Arielle! I will be sure to check your blog out as well! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete